Today, Key Metric Software is releasing v220.127.116.11 of FolderSizes – our powerful disk space analysis software product.
This release includes a number of minor feature enhancements, as well as several bug fixes. New features include:
- Enhanced theme support – Now users can choose between blue, black, silver, aqua, scenic, white and traditional themes. These themes are also now better integrated into the application overall (including matching graph backgrounds, by default).
- New search columns – The search detail list now includes file and folder count columns. These are not visible by default, so right-click a column header and select them to make them visible.
- Improved Windows 7 taskbar support – FolderSizes now shows indeterminate progress in the Windows 7 taskbar during normal, file report, and search report generation.
- Improved status bars – All status bars now auto-resize themselves intelligently, ensuring better use of screen real estate. We’ve also added a “excluded” pane to all report generating windows to reflect the number of folders current being excluded.
- Stop file reports and show results – The stop button in the file report generation window now allows users to cancel report generation while showing results accumulated thus far.
Ever wondered about the difference between the “size” and “allocated” (the latter is also know as “size on disk”) columns shown in nearly all FolderSizes detail reports?
If so, please check out this article on www.disk-space-manager.com for a discussion of “cluster overhang” and its impact on file systems.
Many of our valued FolderSizes users also leverage the duplicate finding power of Duplicate File Detective – our professional-grade duplicate file management software.
So it is with great pleasure that I announce the release of Duplicate File Detective v3.0. This new version provides a wealth of new features, including Unicode support, support for Windows 7, a greatly enhanced user interface experience, improvements to the integrated file hash calculator tool, support for very long file paths, vastly improved performance, and much more.
With this new release, you can find and remove duplicate files with unparalleled ease and safety.
For a more thorough review, please see What’s New in Duplicate File Detective.
FolderSizes v4.8 has been tested to meet all of the technical requirements to be Compatible with Windows 7 (as well as Vista, XP, and Windows Server 2008/2003).
Microsoft recommends “Compatible with Windows® 7″ applications because they have passed Microsoft-designed tests to help ensure they install readily every time and minimize the number of crashes, hangs, and restarts that you experience. This all helps ensure a compatible and reliable experience with any edition of Windows 7, including 64-bit.
“Compatible with Windows 7″ software:
- Is tested for compatibility and reliability on Windows 7.
- Passed Microsoft designed tests to minimize the possibility of crashes, hangs, and reboots.
- Represents a commitment that the product will continue to work over the life of Windows 7.
- Meets privacy standards set forth by the Anti-Spyware Coalition.
- Installs cleanly and reliably.
- Eliminates unnecessary reboots.
- Ensures compatibility with Windows 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
FolderSizes v4.8.1 is a maintenance update that provides automatic update checking (with notifications), incremental display of the folder map data visualization during the file system scanning process, as well as a handful of other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Full release notes are available here.