The release of FolderSizes 5 represents a major milestone for Key Metric Software and the thousands of customers using it to reclaim disk space, enforce storage governance policies, streamline backups, and much more.
Learn more about what’s new in FolderSizes 5:
Then download and try it out for yourself:
Many thanks to everyone who helped test the beta releases. We received some remarkable feedback during our beta testing process, and it definitely helped us to achieve a very highly quality release. It was also wonderful to hear what our users had to say about FolderSizes 5 – “amazing improvements”, “excellent performance”, and “love the new multiple path support” were just a few quotes from our beta testers.
And please, keep the feedback coming. We have no intention of slowing down.
Today, Key Metric Software released FolderSizes v22.214.171.124. This is a minor update, containing most bug fixes and minor feature / performance enhancements.
Today, Key Metric Software is releasing v126.96.36.199 of FolderSizes – our powerful disk space analysis software product.
This release includes a number of minor feature enhancements, as well as several bug fixes. New features include:
- Enhanced theme support – Now users can choose between blue, black, silver, aqua, scenic, white and traditional themes. These themes are also now better integrated into the application overall (including matching graph backgrounds, by default).
- New search columns – The search detail list now includes file and folder count columns. These are not visible by default, so right-click a column header and select them to make them visible.
- Improved Windows 7 taskbar support – FolderSizes now shows indeterminate progress in the Windows 7 taskbar during normal, file report, and search report generation.
- Improved status bars – All status bars now auto-resize themselves intelligently, ensuring better use of screen real estate. We’ve also added a “excluded” pane to all report generating windows to reflect the number of folders current being excluded.
- Stop file reports and show results – The stop button in the file report generation window now allows users to cancel report generation while showing results accumulated thus far.
Ever wondered about the difference between the “size” and “allocated” (the latter is also know as “size on disk”) columns shown in nearly all FolderSizes detail reports?
If so, please check out this article on www.disk-space-manager.com for a discussion of “cluster overhang” and its impact on file systems.
Many of our valued FolderSizes users also leverage the duplicate finding power of Duplicate File Detective – our professional-grade duplicate file management software.
So it is with great pleasure that I announce the release of Duplicate File Detective v3.0. This new version provides a wealth of new features, including Unicode support, support for Windows 7, a greatly enhanced user interface experience, improvements to the integrated file hash calculator tool, support for very long file paths, vastly improved performance, and much more.
With this new release, you can find and remove duplicate files with unparalleled ease and safety.
For a more thorough review, please see What’s New in Duplicate File Detective.